Hi Friends! We’re beyond excited to launch our very first group trip to Thailand! Deanna and I will be hosting an 8 day trip from November 10-18th, 2018 to the Northern parts of Thailand from Chiang Mai to Bangkok!
**This is not a free trip, it’s a paid trip. Prices and details listed below**
We will be moving to Bangkok next month (June) and staying for the remainder of 2018, so we will be almost experts on Thailand by the time November comes around !
Before I explain further about this wonderful opportunity, please watch this short video which recaps all of the bullet points in 2.5 minutes.
ANNOUNCING OUR FIRST GROUP TRIP this November 10-18th — TO THAILAND!
Come join Deanna and I on an adventure of a lifetime for 8 days across the Northern Parts of Thailand.
This group trip is for people who A) want to hang out with us and explore the hidden parts of Thailand, but more importantly, B) to learn how to earn money online to fund your travels. There will be a heavy focus on making travel videos, but also I’ll be sharing advice on travel blogging, working with brands, social media marketing, getting sponsorships, pitching and more.
Basically, within these 8 days, I’ll be giving you all of my best tips and secrets that I’ve learned over the last 6 years in this business — all while having the time of our lives in Thailand!
The trip will be powered by my friends at G Adventures, but the schedule will be customized to make room for shooting videos and editing/learning on our computers every evening (Yes, I will have lessons planned to teach).
THERE ARE 12 SPOTS OPEN FOR THIS TRIP:
– You must be between 18 and 35 and able to speak English
– You need to have a desire to make videos, start a blog, or a career making money online
– You need to have some kind of camera more advanced than an iPhone, and a computer, but you don’t need any filmmaking skills
HOW TO APPLY:
– Email me (email@example.com) a 60-90 second raw video of you explaining who you are, why you want to come and what you are planning to get out of this trip. That’s it.
– If selected, you will hear back from us within a month and full payment is due by August 10th.
MORE INFO IN THIS BLOG POST (more detailed itinerary, total costs and more) –> https://drewbinsky.com/join-us-group-trip-thailand-nov-18/
WE CAN’T WAIT!
Follow Drew Binsky for daily travel videos and inspiration!
Music: Epidemic Sound
Posted by Drew Binsky on Tuesday, May 22, 2018
THIS WILL BE OUR ROUTE
DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Nov 10, Day 1: Chiang Mai
Arrive at any time. Welcome meeting in the evening.
Nov 11, Day 2: Chiang Mai
Enjoy free time to explore Chiang Mai. Opt for a bicycle tour, a visit the Mae Sa waterfall, shopping at the night market, or getting a traditional Thai massage. Enjoy a local cooking class with dinner.
Hands-On Cooking Class
Nov 12, Day 3: Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai
Travel to Chiang Rai and start exploring.
Nov 13, Day 4: Chiang Rai
Visit the town of Mae Sai
Nov 14, Day 5: Chiang Rai / Lampang
Continue on to Lampang and enjoy a homestay in a traditional Lanna village. Participate in craft demonstrations and opt to help prepare a local meal.
Local Living Village Homestay
Nov 15, Day 6: Lampang / Sukhothai
Take in traditional morning activities, followed by lunch in the village. Travel to Sukhothai and enjoy a free afternoon.
Nov 16, Day 7: Sukhothai
Tour of Sukhothai Historical Park and explore the area with some free time.
Nov 17, Day 8: Sukhothai / Bangkok
Travel to Bangkok and enjoy some time for last minute shopping.
Nov 18: Day 9: Bangkok
Depart at any time.
As mentioned in the video, this trip is for people who not only want to explore the hidden parts of Thailand with us, but more importantly for those who have a burning passion to earn money online to fund your travels. This includes making videos (which will be the main focus), but also, learning about travel blogging, getting sponsorships, pitching, social media strategy and anything else revolving around making a living online. Basically all of the knowledge I’ve picked up from the last 6 years will be taught to you in these 8 days.
The trip will be arranged by my friends at G Adventures, but we have customized the schedule to make room for shooting videos and editing/learning in the evening.
An average day on this trip will be wake up early, explore a village, meet with locals, learn how to cook their foods and film everything we can. And then, spend 3 or 4 hours in the evening at either a cafe or hotel lobby with our computers open and ready to learn!
Of course, we will also be having a few fun nights as well (nightlife is really fun in Chiang Mai and Bangkok!)
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GROUP TRIP:
There are three major requirements that you must fulfill. They are the following.
– You must be able to speak English (EDIT, I HAVE REMOVED THE 18-35 AGE LIMIT).
– You need to have a desire to learn how to make a living online to fund your travels (making videos, travel blogging, social media, etc)
– You need to have any kind of camera (more advanced than an iphone) and a computer – but you don’t need any previous filmmaking skills or travel blogging knowledge!
HOW TO APPLY:
There are 12 spots open for this trip. To apply, simply email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) a 60-90 second raw video explaining who you are, why you want to come and what you are expecting to get out of this trip (DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, JUNE 15th). Please do not go over 90 seconds or your application will not be considered.
The cost of this trip is $1,600USD, which will include nearly everything except your flights (you are responsible to get to Chiang Mai on November 10 and book your own flight out of Bangkok on November 18 or later). The $1600 includes:
- 7 nights at hotels, 1 night at village homestay
- 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- All transportation (buses, taxis, shuttles) to and from all activities and between all destinations
- Hands on cooking class in Chiang Mai
- Bicycle tour in Sukhothai
- A local tour guide (who will be co-leading the tour alongside myself and Deanna)
- Daily lessons (workshops) with me about making videos, travel blogging, and making money online. I will have curated lessons planned
If you’re chosen, payment must be sent to me via Paypal or Venmo NO LATER THAN July 20th, 2018 or else your spot will be given up to someone else. This also gives me about 2.5 months to go through your applications.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE/BRING:
- You will be paired up with a roommate during the trip unless you’d like to request a private room, which will cost you an additional $249 for the 8 days
- It is mandatory (as per G Adventures) to have emergency medical insurance that covers for both emergency evacuation & repatriation to the sum of $200,000 USD. It is also strongly advised to have a cancellation/interruption insurance just in case something unexpected happens.
- I personally recommend bringing pocket money of $80-120 USD to cover lunches and additional spending money (souvenirs, beer, etc).
- Make sure that you are able to obtain a visa on arrival in Thailand, or you must take the necessary steps to apply for a visa in advance.
- Pack lightly. Trust me. We will be moving around a lot and you will not want to have more than a backpack of things. Nothing will be fancy or the need for fancy attire. One pair of pants, one light jacket, few shirts, underwear, walking shoes, hat, sunscreen should do the trick! You can always buy things in Thailand if you forget them at home!
- Cancellation Policy: As per G Adventures’s, cancellation 60 days or more prior to departure = Loss of deposit, cancellation between 30 and 59 days prior to departure = 50% loss, and cancellation within 30 days of departure = 100% loss. But we really hope you don’t have to cancel as we will need to find a replacement ASAP (and if we have issues on timing, the entire trip may be cancelled).
If you need guidance for what to pack, see this video on my best packing tips!
Ever wonder what I bring with me on trips inside of my 2 carry-on backpacks? In today’s episode of Travel Tip Tuesday, I share all of my secrets for how to pack efficiently and more!!
Have anything else to add? Please share below!
‘Like’ Drew Binsky on Facebook for more fun travel videos, and come say hi on Insta/Snap @drewbinsky
Music: Epidemic Sound
Posted by Drew Binsky on Tuesday, February 20, 2018
That’s it! If selected, you will hear back from us within a few weeks. And don’t worry if you’re not selected this time, because I may shortlist you for our next trip in early 2019!
Good luck applying and we can’t wait to travel with you!